Welcome from the Chief Fire Officer
Electrical Safety Week
This month marks Electrical Safety Week - electrical fires are one of the biggest causes of accidental house fires in the country.
Electrical fires can happen to anyone, anywhere so our advice is to get prepared and stay safe by having a working smoke alarm fitted on every floor in your home, and ensure it is tested regularly.
Smoke alarms are the best way to give an early warning of fire in your home – yet surprisingly around 20% of incidents we are called to reveal homes that do not have a working smoke alarm.
White Goods Safety
As part electrical safety week this year, we are joining with the other two fire and rescue services in Wales to launch our White Goods Safety campaign, which focusses on keeping safe from fires involving tumble dryers, washing machines and dishwashers.
This includes registering appliances with the manufacturer, looking after them and keeping them clean, and using them safely by following the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Click here to read more about the campaign.
Carbon Monoxide Safety
The Service is also highlighting the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning this month.
Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning can be fatal or cause permanent damage to your health.
CO is produced when carbon fuels don't burn completely - it has no smell or taste and, in large quantities, it can kill very quickly.
To help protect ourselves from CO it is important to ensure all fuel burning appliances and associated flues are maintained and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Sweeping your chimney regularly and fitting an audible CO alarm will also help protect against the dangers of carbon monoxide.
For more advice on CO safety please click here.
Read more here
Stay Safe this Christmas – Get switched on to safety!Posted 03/12/2018 13:32:05 Read
Firefighters’ bid for Christmas No1Posted 29/11/2018 13:32:45 Read
Residents urged to take care after cause of tragic Bodelwyddan fire is revealed as electricalPosted 22/11/2018 16:18:13 Read
Woman dies in fire at property in BodelwyddanPosted 21/11/2018 15:34:40 Read
Tragic fire at Acrefair highlights the importance of electrical safety and smoke alarmsPosted 20/11/2018 14:06:26 Read
Road Safety Week drives home Fatal Five messagePosted 19/11/2018 14:48:06 Read
Tumble Dryer Dos and Don’tsPosted 19/11/2018 10:52:20 Read